In an April 10, 2020 Federal Register notice, the Office of the United States Trade Representative (“USTR”) announced extensions for certain soon to expire exclusions from the China 301 List 1 tariffs (the $34 billion trade action).
To date, ten sets of exclusions have been issued in connection with List 1. The third set of exclusions is scheduled to expire on April 18, 2020. The USTR has announced that the expiring exclusions on the below items will be extended for one year (to now cover the specified goods entered for consumption, or withdrawn from warehouse for consumption, before April 18, 2021).
Unless extended under the current action or prior actions, exclusions will expire on their previously scheduled expiration date. If you have any questions on the status of any particular China 301 exclusion(s), please contact our office.
LIST 1 EXCLUSIONS EXTENDED
- Roller machines designed for cutting, etching or embossing paper, foil or fabric, manually powered (described in statistical reporting number 8420.10.9080)
- Ratchet winches designed for use with textile fabric strapping (described in statistical reporting number (8425.39.0100)
- Counterweight castings of iron or steel designed for use on fork lift and other work trucks (described in statistical reporting number 8431.20.0000)
- Tines, carriages, and other goods handling apparatus and parts designed for use on fork lift and other works trucks (described in statistical reporting number 8431.20.0000)
- Reject doors, pin protectors, liners, front walls, grates, hammers, rotor and end disc caps, and anvil and breaker bars, of iron or steel, the foregoing parts of metal shredders (described in statistical reporting number 8479.90.9496)
- Steering wheels designed for watercraft, of stainless steel, having a wheel diameter exceeding 27 cm but not exceeding 78 cm (described in statistical reporting number 8479.90.9496)
- Pipe brackets of aluminum, each with 4 ports, the foregoing measuring 27.9 cm x 20.3 cm x 17.8 cm and weighing 11.34 kg, designed for installation into air brake control valves (described in statistical reporting number 8481.90.9040)
- Instruments for measuring or checking voltage or electrical connections; electrical circuit tracers (described in statistical reporting number 9030.33.3800)