Richard Wortman will be speaking in Detroit on the topic of Broker Surveys and Audits on Wednesday, March 21, 2018 for the Detroit Customs Brokers and Forwarders Association (DCBFA). The seminar will be held at Park Place, 23400 Park St, Dearborn, MI 48124. Registration is at 11:30 am and Luncheon begins 12 pm Noon.
Customs has recently announced and has begun performing “surveys” of brokers, Richard will speak about such topics as:
• Powers of Attorney
• Non-Resident Importers of Record
• Reliance on Information from your client
• Things you should do for your client as well as things you should not do
• Are you acting as an “expert” for your client under the Mod Act
• Where are your records stored?
• Sharing information with non-licensed persons
• Sample questions that Customs is likely to ask
The cost to attend is $50.00 for DCBFA Members and $75.00 for non-members. Please register to attend the event through Eventbrite https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dcbfa-march-2018-meeting-compliance-seminar-tickets-43083890075, and send payment by check by March 14th to DCBFA treasurer Donna Klavon at WF Whelan Co., 41425 Joy Road, Canton, MI. 48187. The check should be issued to the DCBFA.
This seminar has been approved for 3 CCS/CES points. DCBFA has also opened this program to importers.