Michael Holton is Of Counsel in Washington D.C., who focuses on international trade relief and regulation, including antidumping duty and countervailing duty (AD/CVD) proceedings, section 201, 232, 301 and other safeguard escape clause relief proceedings, the Enforce and Protect Act (EAPA), and other AD/CVD customs issues. Prior to joining GDLSK, Michael worked at a nationally ranked AM LAW 100 firm and as a senior staff member in the Enforcement and Compliance unit (formerly Import Administration) at the U.S. Department of Commerce, International Trade Administration. Notably, he has significant experience representing foreign manufacturers, exporters, and U.S. importers in antidumping and countervailing duty proceedings at the Department of Commerce. Additionally, Michael has successfully represented foreign exporters and U.S. importers in recent anti-circumvention proceedings.
- Lead counsel in an AD and CVD review on Citric Acid from China obtaining a zero AD rate for a Chinese producer and exporter.
- Lead counsel in an AD investigation on Narrow Woven Ribbons from Taiwan obtaining a zero AD rate and exclusion from AD duties.
- Lead counsel in AD review on Tapered Roller Bearings from China successfully representing the Chinese producer, exporter and U.S. importer.
- Co-lead counsel in an AD review on Multilayered Wood Flooring from China resulting in a zero percent AD rate.
- Lead counsel or co-counsel on numerous other antidumping or countervailing duty investigations or reviews before the U.S. Department of Commerce and International Trade Representative.
- Lead counsel or co-counsel in multiple cases before the Court of International Trade.